The purpose of this position is to prepare and characterize candidate formulations to enable selection of patch designs for pilot PK evaluation.
Application of QbD principles for component selection and content will afford robust formulation development.
- Formulation Development: Determine solids of raw materials; prepare small scale mixes of API, adhesives, enhancers, and excipients;
hand cast or machine cast and dry coatings, laminate backings, and die cut patches; conduct skin flux studies and analyze data;
use statistics-based DOE software to analyze results.
- Stability: Conduct accelerated stability evaluations of lead formulations, assessing physical properties, API, enhancer, or excipient stability when necessary.
- Sourcing: Work with suppliers and purchasing to order samples for early formulation work, secure CoAs for materials prior to establishing specifications and
ordering for pilot batch supplies.
- Literature: Find all references for RLD regarding formulation composition and materials selections.
Assist in mixing scale-up and early coating trials.
- Participate in production trials when manual steps are required due to incomplete purchase of automation equipment.
- Support analytical method development as required.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 1-5 years in Medical product formulation development.
- Must have experience in analytical chemistry, formulation development, pressure sensitive adhesives, physical organic chemistry, pharmaceutical science, GMP/GLP,
familiar with JMP or equivalent DOE software.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, careful attention to detail, ability to self-schedule in order to advance multiple programs simultaneously,
self-motivated and ambitious, most strongly motivated by seeing products reach the market.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes Health Insurance and an employer-matched 401(k) plan.
Qualified candidates should email a resume, including salary history and requirements, to